Monday, July 23, 2012

5 Reasons You AREN'T Exercising (Part 3)

3.  You Don't Know How


        This might be my favorite of all 5.  The absolute worst thing anyone can do to themselves is try and hit the gym without knowing what they are doing.  There are 2 specific reasons I like to discourage ignorant exercise participation: First, you could be seriously wasting your time.  Second, it’s incredibly dangerous.  You could really injure yourself if you don’t know what you’re doing with proper equipment, even attempting bodyweight exercises.  Imagine asking a 6 year old to operate a forklift.  Sure, if they're pretty bright, they might get some of the movements down, but ultimately, they will probably destroy something (probably themselves).  Guidance in training is vital, to both improve your capabilities and prevent injury.  I don’t like to consider myself just a guy to bark orders, but instead I prefer to give every client an understanding as to why we do what we do.  Knowing is half the battle (G.I. Jooooooooe; sorry, I had to).  I hope that at some point all my clients will have the ability to train on their own,  safely and efficiently.


Stay Strong,
Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment